Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wool Penny Ornament!

I decided to make some more snowman ornaments, but I used wool this time.
I cut them out free hand, so they are a bit wonky, but that is the fun of prim.
After I sewed the penny together, I cut a slit in the back and put some crushed pine in them, so now they smell like a fresh pine tree. I thought it would be nice to put in a christmas card, hopefully they will fit;)

I ordered the pine from Paine Products. They were easy to order from and fast delivery. The ornament pattern can be found Here! I used a paintbrush and watered down walnut spray to soak into the stitchery and darken the batting. To cover the slit in the back, I added a double penny with a stitched snowflake in the middle.



Moki has been enjoying the nice weather, nothing like the sun to keep him content.


14 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Love your little snow penny ornies...but that Moki steals my heart....Glad he had sun to soak up today...we had snow...and lots of it. Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Fiona said...

lovely snow penny ornie... I am making some on the same line... but a bit more chunky!!
Hugz

moosecraft said...

The snowman ornie looks fabulous! I bet the pine smell is heavenly! Mokie looks very happy!

patijane's primitives said...

Love your snowman ornament! Very prim looking and I bet the pine smell is wonderful! Mokie looks like he is enjoying life.

Anna said...

Moki is a crack up! I LOVE the penny ornament!!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet snow penny ornie! You also delighted with Moki photo!!! I saw a video on the Today show this morning as I was on treadmill...it was two cats getting ready to fight (which I hate)...however the one stood up...they call it Cobra Cat....I need to see if I can find that online. You too...go see!

~Madalynne~ said...

Cute ornies and the addition of pine is such a great idea!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Love that ornament...went and grabbed it this morning! Thanks! Have a great weekend!

Karen said...

I like the snowman on the wool. Good idea.

Unknown said...

nice post. Now you can use this exporter importer directory to promote bulk woolen garments accessories import & export business.

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

Love your wool ornie! Great idea using a pine smell - mmmmmm

Firecracker Kid said...

Aww, the ornament is awesome, I love it. Moki is even cuter sunning himself like that... lol. Our fur babies are so entertaining.
Hugs~Carol

Joanne Lendaro said...

Looks perfect!

Linda said...

I love the ornament, but Moki is so stinking cute!!