Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Homespun Heaven!

My friend Kelley sent me a surprise box this week, I love surprises.
Kelley has been cleaning out her supplies and books and this is the wonderful fabrics I received this week.
I love homespuns and speciality fabrics and there is lots of those and a lot of future projects I can enjoy making with them.


 I finished another punch needle piece, tonight. My friend Cyndi sent me the pattern as a gift, so I decided it was time to make it. If you visit Cyndi's site you will see the rug she made from a custom pattern that I made for her.

 I am thinking of making a card holder with it, by attaching the punched piece to a hand made wool card holder. It still needs aging, it is a bit bright. I also need to tweak a few spots, I used 3 strands on the designs and I think I punched a bit too tight.

Have you seen the Henry Glass, Jolly Holiday Party? It is a fun blog hop, prizes and free patterns for the holidays. I already printed out a couple, to make for gifts.

The pattern for this piece is a design by Brenda Gervais, of  Country Stitches.


15 comments:

Anna said...

oh that is sooooo cute! I love snowpeople!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Wonderful homespuns and I'm sure you will dream up some great projects! Your needle punch snowguys look very nice...just so cheery!

Linda said...

What a nice surprise!! Love the little snowmen!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Looks like a heavenly stash of fabric there - and I know you'll put it to great use. Love the BG design - like I said, don't think I've met one of her designs I don't love....Would like to see how you finish it off for the cardholder....always looking for new "finishing" ideas you know...framing gets boring after a while...Have a great Thursday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

quiltsbycheri said...

homespuns are the best what a fun surprise.....

moosecraft said...

That is a generous selection of fabrics from Kelley! Enjoy stitching with it! Needlepunch looks great! I always have some difficulty with the 3-strand technique too...

Elizabeth Ann said...

I love your little needle punch! What a cute treasure to have each Christmas to enjoy.

Carrie P. said...

What a nice surprise. Some nice colors too.

Oh, your snowmen are so cute. It will make a cute card holder.

paulette said...

Cute project....and your loot is wonderful!! What a great friend!!
P

Lori said...

What a fun gift from your friend. Love your punch needle too!!I'll have to check out the blog hop.

Allie said...

What a lovely bundle you got Debbie, I know you'll put that to good use! I love your little punched piece, so very cute. It would make a lovely card holder! The rug you designed for Cyndi is AMAZING!

Karen said...

That's the kind of surprise box that would make me happy too.
The sleigh scene looks so winterish (as it should) and so unlike where I love. I don't want to live in the snow climate but it would be fun for a visit now and then just to experience it.

frontporchprims said...

What a great thing to receive. That fabric is so perfect for so many things!!! -Steph-

Firecracker Kid said...

Ah, how cool! I love it :-) You'll probably go through that homespun in no time. Can't wait to see what you make with it.
Hugs~Carol

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Love the kitties and foxes and this one too!