Saturday, November 19, 2011

Christmas quilt!

Did everyone follow the Henry Glass blog hop? If you missed it, you missed some wonderful patterns for Christmas, but you can still visit the sites and get their patterns. I loved the piece by Little Quilts, a fun redwork piece that would make a nice gift for a friend. Of course I didn't follow the directions and went off on my own, as usual, lol. I am just too lazy to piece those wonderful triangles she made on the original, so I just made mine simple and added some words.



I also made some little penny ornaments with some snowflake designs from my Fa la la la Felt book. I liked the snowflake designs, but now that I see the original pattern I took it from, I might have to make those next;) I used a different blue pen and it does not come out easily, as you can see on these. On the quilt it came out blue too, but I rewashed it and it came out clean, after I dried it. There is no name on it and it was a gift.


12 comments:

Allie said...

That little sunbonnet girl is too cute! I like your version better, Debbie. The words are perfect! Your ornaments are darling too!

Barbara said...

These are just adorable!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Love those ornaments...but then I'm on an ornament hunt right now! LOL

Vicki W said...

Sunbonnet Sue is so cute and the ornaments are adorable!

Anonymous said...

I saw that free little pattern and also thought cute...I like your more prim look!!

Anna said...

My Fabric Stalkers hate Sunbonnet Sue...I think I'll make each of them one! LOL

love the ornaments! Hope the blog hop patterns are still up tomorrow when I have a day off!

Chris Daly said...

I love those felt ornaments

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh I'm loving those little snowflake penny ornaments Debbie! I could see a whole mittful of those on a tree!! Have a great Sunday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

moosecraft said...

Looking great, Debbie! I use the brown micro pigment pens for embroidery... 2 strands of floss usually covers the lines and once it's ironed, the ink is set.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

As always your work is amazing!

Soggibottom said...

Been missing for a while Debbie... WOW, beautiful gift.. lucky lady.. :-) X X X

Carole said...

Adorable! Thanks for the link! Cheers!