Saturday, November 26, 2011

Birthday Buys and the Bay!

Today I wanted to go to our folk art store and treat myself. I saw lots of nice things, but I always talk myself out of buying things, lol. I found this panel and thought it would be fun to practice machine quilting on and make a quick quilt for the kids, at least that is the plan;) I may just use the center panel and the rest as pillows, we shall see.


I also saw this Japanese fabric bundle and thought it would be perfect for some of the pieces in the wool book, even though it isn't wool, it would work great for the applique pieces and I have always wanted to try some.


Then we went to the ocean, a place called Black Rock. There is a path that you can walk on that takes you to the main beach and you can go down smaller paths and walk along the rocks.


We walked along the beach for a bit and spied this fellow, he had found a fresh lunch today.


The problem was, he did not like us near and would move off and the ocean would sweep in and carry it away.

Now where did it go?



Found it!


Heading back from a wonderful walk, we and our shadows.


11 comments:

Barbara said...

Looks like a lovely day. I like those shadow shots. I've taken a few of them. I think it would be fun to create a photo book with nothing but shadow shots.

Jacque. said...

Wonderful photos, as always. I'm glad you got some fabric.

Anna said...

I love the shadow photo...I would like the how slim I would look!!lol

Fiona said...

another wonderful series of pictures...
Hugz

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Sounds like the best kind of day!

moosecraft said...

Great stuff! The japanese fabrics are nice to work with. I've used them as backgrounds for wool applique.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic photos and gorgeous scenary for your walk.

deb said...

what pretty pictures!!! that bundle looks awesome!!!!!
and the picture of the shadows...perfect!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Like your holiday panel Deb - I'm sure you'll put it to a great use. LOVE, love, that shadow shot! Fun...Have a great Sunday! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Allie said...

Ooh, you do know how to treat yourself, girl! Lovely! Great pics of your walk too, I really like that shadow pic. That poor bird, lol, playing hide and seek with his lunch!

Linda said...

Love the pics!!! Gorgeous fabric and wools!!!