Today I was doing a lot of cleaning and lugging boxes of junk to the cellar and wore myself out.
I couldn't get motivated to finish any of my projects and I don't want to start new ones until I do finish them, so I made up some hearts. I used a white cotton and laid pieces of scrap fabrics I keep in a basket. Then I sewed stitches on with floss. I have no idea what I was doing, just keeping my hands busy. Some of the fabrics lifted off the stitch area, but I left them like that and then sewed a wool backing and stuffed them. I wanted them to look old anyways, so with the stain and rips, I got the right effect;)
I might try it again by sewing pieces in a block, then cutting out the heart shape. That way the edges will stay put and I can do crazy quilting over the seams. Or I might try it on my machine or both. I like to experiment with simple things to get practice on my stitching and machine skills, so this is a good project for that.
Another Patriotic Piece
12 hours ago