I have been slowly working on my stitchery, but got more done this week. I need to take a photo with a brighter light to show the glitter that I added, here and there. Once the tree is done, I will do the larger snowflakes with the blue floss and a piece of off white glitter thread. Then I have lots of dots, that I am thinking I will do, once I put the backing on, so it will hold it more like quilting. There are also circles, which I may or may not do, or use some tiny buttons.
Another project I still need to start and soon is, a baby quilt. I bought the panel years ago and never used it. My great niece is having a baby and I decided it was a good time to make it into a quilt for her. The problem was adding a border before I quilt it. I lucked out and found a matching alphabet from a vintage seller and got a few yards for the border. She is having a girl and I think this will work for either sex and hopefully she likes it. I am just going to do quilting around the edge of the blocks.
Last weekend we finally made it to the apple orchard, that is down the road. I didn't realize how many apples I could put in that bag. I ended up giving half to the kids. I eat one a day and try to get another batch before the season ends.
After we got Bean and took him for a walk along the new boardwalk at the beach. The wind was so bad that the sand was blowing in our face, so being on the walk was much better.
Today I am finally feeling better so it was nice to get out for a bit. We dropped off bags of stuff at a thrift store that also has a food pantry. Then we headed to the beach. It was warm today and it was nice and cool at the beach. This house takes it to a new level with an Ocean front beach house. It got a lot of damage from other storms and ended up putting in cement supports.
Behind the house I spotted a pond and a group of Killdeers.
And the farm field was full of gulls. I noticed quite a few young Ring -billed Gulls mixed in with the others. It was nice getting out after all the rain and this weekend it will be cooler, so I may try a bike ride or do some hiking and sight seeing in Connecticut. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and enjoying the fall weather.








No comments:
Post a Comment