Friday, August 7, 2026

Fun and not so fun!


 Our camping weekend was good and bad. With the summer crowds, it was hard to get to the dog beach but we were able to get there for a bit, before the crowds came in. In some ways it is better than the main beach, since the waters are higher and no seaweed. It was nice to go for a swim and let Bean have some fun too.



One day we got a walk at the point. It goes along the ocean with areas to walk along, a rocky shore.




It also has a variety of birds along the bush side and I was lucky enough to spot a pair of Cedar Waxwings.




I was finally able to get out in the kayak and paddle in the inner coves. It was a nice day and nice to get out for some time to unwind and enjoy the local shore birds.

  The bad thing was, when I got back, I found out that Bill had locked himself out of the trailer and the keys were in the trailer and the spares in my purse, in the trailer. It seems it has happened to others. We had to get a locksmith who destroyed the lock by drilling it, so that cost. The good thing is, I was able to find the same lock with spare keys for less than 40.00. 




Today we picked up the boys and took them to the island for a swim. The tide was up  and the main beach was crowded, so we swam in the cove. The boys loved it and we all swam across to the land on the other side. I will definitely go back when it is not crowded. I spotted a lot of birds hiding on the other side, so I will bring my little boat and camera, next time.

I hope everyone had a nice week and can enjoy some fun time this weekend. We still have high heat, so I can only stay outside so long. 



No comments: