Last weekend we got out for some paddling and one day for some beach time. I am still working on my projects and hopefully I will have the kid's quilt done by next week. We also had a company come for some new windows, since ours sweat so bad, they mold and this way I have windows that are double paned and easier to open.
We went to the island on the weekend, less travel time and no traffic to sit in. We took the boats and paddled into the bay, following the coast line and landing at a cove. The cove is nice since there are no people, just the two of us and beautiful views of the bay.
While there, we saw a lot of egrets in the cove and in the trees.
When we got back, I was walking in the cove and spotted some birds on the spit of land and waded across. I expected the birds to take off, but I moved slowly and they paid me, no mind. I caught one Oyster Catcher, getting a meal, thus the name.
He kept running away another one, who was trying to get it, but then he stopped and dropped it in front of what I assume, is a younger one, from the darker beak. It was so fun watching him and their interaction.
On Sunday we got to the ocean side, early enough to beat the crowds and enjoyed swimming and watching the terns. There was a lot of them, following a school of fish.
This weekend we have rain and tomorrow we get new gutters. The company also does those and I was able to get a good deal on both, so happy about that. I hope everyone has a nice weekend.






No comments:
Post a Comment