Friday, October 11, 2024

Halloween fun project!

 

This week I got an idea for a Halloween banner. I found some fun ghost templates and printed them out on card stock. I left them uncut until I painted them, to save on mess. I used glow in the dark acrylic pain and brushed 3 coats on them. When dry, I added the faces and then cut them out. Simple and fun to do.

I used yarn and threaded it through the tops of the ghosts until I covered the area, I was using.


And this is how they look in the dark. And this is where you can find the templates



Last weekend we took the boys to the orchard to pick apples. It is always more fun with the boys.



I let Nick have his own bag, he loves apples. Alex wasn't in a good mood and he wanted a pumpkin, so I let him pick his own and he was much happier after that. 



Another day we got to walk on a new path. The path goes by a camp and has a path along the fence line. It also goes along a beach area. 



It is a beautiful area, very quiet and I could see the lighthouse on the island, a new perspective.



At the end we spotted a few fishermen, braving the surf.



Last night I was hoping to see a bit of the lights from the Aurora. I didn't expect it to be so bright and so beautiful, it was mesmerizing and I could see it in all directions from my porch. This is one of the photos I captured, with my iPhone.



And another with a different hue.



Today we got to camp. As usual it was windy, very windy. Since I seem to have caught something else, I am taking it easy, no biking or paddling. We went to the fishing area to see the sunset tonight, something we can do from the car or the hill, without walking too much. The clouds turned the sky into beautiful hues of yellows to red.



Looking to the light, the sun cast a reddish glow. Luckily we got a waterfront spot so I can enjoy relaxing and enjoying the views. I did bring some sewing so I can work on that. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.



2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Cute banner. Sounds like some more fun outings. Gorgeous photos of the northern lights. Others mentioned seeing them but I didn't see them here. There was a bit of clouds and haze so it didn't surprise me. Enjoy your camping trip! ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Love your glow in the dark ghosts. Too fun.
The northern lights were beyond cool!!!