Friday, October 25, 2024

Friday finish and fun!


This week I worked on finishing my Christmas mat. I had different snowflake fabrics and I like how they fit together. It still has enough of a prim look to fit in with my decor, and just enough pop to make it festive. The edge on the front is how it looks, the other edges are a bit messed up looking since I use AI to put it in a new background.


 

Last week we did some rides and sight seeing. We headed up state and stopped at the Dam. It is always a nice view.



After, we headed back to another pond. We even spotted the eagle, across the pond.



We got a nice walk along the pathways and stopped at the falls. Most of the falls are starting to slow down, with the lack of rain in our areas.



We went into Connecticut and took a scenic route home. Not as much color as I had hoped, but the farms alway offer beautiful views.




Another day we went to Connecticut since I wanted to get one more bag of apples, before they close. We stopped at the Yantic falls.




Another view of the railroad bridge. Even the falls here were light and slower.




We have been getting some light walks in and today we got a longer walk with rougher terrain and hills. I spotted a lot of birds and heard a lot, but none would stay put for a photo.

It is going to get cooler but sunny here so hopefully we can get more walks in this weekend. I hope everyone is enjoying the cooler fall weather and can get out and enjoy walks in your area.



2 comments:

acorn hollow said...

It is going to be very chilly today a good day to stay in. you have such lovely areas to walk.
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your table runner is very nice Debbie. I do like how all the snowflake fabrics play together. Glad to hear you've been able to get out and enjoy some of the fall colors. Ours were beautiful but even more short-lived then usual with the lack of rain. Always enjoy seeing peeks into your world. ~Robin~