Friday, September 6, 2024

Friday Finish!

 

Since I never got a chance to do any drawing at camp, I decided to whip up a stitchery from one of my photos. There are so many birds at camp, but most are hard to catch. I happened to spot a group of Goldfinches and caught one who sat for a few seconds.

I decided to make a stitchery from a photo I too, which you can see in the photo below. It is not as detailed, but perfect for a little pillow sachet. I would like to do more ideas with my photos and add sayings to them, for patterns.




During our walk, we saw a lot of birds and critters. The area is beautiful and even though the camp is full, the back areas are quiet.



I also got to paddle one day. I went under the bridge and around the corner, I spotted two Green Herons. 



And in the inner cove, an Osprey was hanging out on a post. We got a lot of walks in and even on the rainy day, we had breaks so we walked in the cove, during low tide. Bean loved that, could walk for miles and never go over our lower legs. This week we are resting, catching up around the house and planning our next trip. We want to take a week and head north, so not sure yet. I hope everyone had a good week and enjoying the cooler fall weather.



4 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Wow...your sachet turned out great! Fabulous idea to use your beautiful photos for inspiration...and the finished products will be all the more memorable too I'm sure. I've never heard of green herons...they're amazing! We have quite a few blue ones here, but I don't recall ever seeing a green one. Glad your trip was relaxing and enjoyable. Don't overdo it catching up. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Sounds like a fun get away with another one planned.
Love the osprey picture!

acorn hollow said...

Bird pictures are great as always. Your stitching is always nice. That would make a great gift.
Cathy

Anonymous said...

You are very creative. The goldfinch pillow is soooo pretty.
Love your bird pictures.