Friday, August 16, 2024

Almost finished!

 

I got all the stitch work done on my new piece. I still need to add the buttons on the color area. I have a small red heart for one and I wanted to use an anchor button on the other, but can't remember where I put the extras. I am not sure if I should make it into a pillow or a hanging, but I have time since it will be a Christmas present.

As far as the trailer fiasco is going. I joined a group for that type of trailer and saw that the same trailer with a question about towing, with the same truck we have. They all said not to do it, the weight was too much, so now I am debating again. To just cancel and give up for now or go look at a smaller one tomorrow. One has most of the same things, but a big outdoor kitchen, but no indoor table. One has a smaller table, so will decide tomorrow. I really wanted something the family could go in, but if I get bunks I lose the larger kitchens, comfy seats and storage, and that would be nicer for Bill and I.

The photo looks light and bright but the colors are much deeper than they show. I will trim down the border when I decide how to finish it.



We seem to spend more time at the lighthouse, since it is always cooler and the air is so refreshing. It also doesn't hurt that I never tire of the ever changing views.


Lots of wave action with the passing storms.


And with the tide coming in, not the best place to be fishing. It amazes me, how many people stand close to the edges of the cliffs with waves coming in. Every year people are lost who get too close.




Another day we enjoyed a longer walk and just stood and enjoyed the views, along the way. Lots of boaters were out.




Sailboats, Working boats and Skidoos.




And to me, waves are mesmerizing, a few shots with a longer shutter speed.




And in the field, people were flying kites. These two were fun ones. This weekend I need to get things ready for our trip next week, we will be gone till Saturday morning. I am hoping I can just relax, sit in the cove in my kayak and enjoy nature. I hope you all enjoy your weekend and are not getting hit with the smoke, we have had it here, but not too bad.



2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Sorry to read about the trailer issues... Ummm, get a bigger truck? LOL. I don't think I'd ever tire of watching - and listening to - the waves. I'd have to get one of those portable hammocks and cozy up. Perhaps I'd finally sleep. Hope you have great weather for your vacation week. I think we finally got our Debby rain - it poured all day Thursday and some yesterday as well. ~Robin~

acorn hollow said...

It us nice you want the whole family to camp.
My family would rarely camp together they are so busy all the time.
We are at the beach now and the storm is just coming up the coast. The smoke has been bad the sun is book red when tou see it.
Cathy