Friday, August 2, 2024

Weekend Wanderings!

 

This week I didn't get a lot done on my new piece, so hopefully I will finish it this week. I am thinking it is time to start Christmas. I have a few unfinished pieces and ones I wanted to make, along with crafts to make, so a good time to get started.

I got a reservation at our favorite spot in a few weeks for four days, so a great midweek break to get out and try the new trailer. Yes, a new trailer, a much bigger one, so we have room for the whole family now. We will keep the RV since it is great for weekends and day trips and some parks have a size limit, the new one is 32 feet. 

We did get out a few times over the weekend and week. We tried the new double kayak around the lake and did much better this time. I like that we can go to the far coves and have a private spot to relax and swim. This is an old camp that closed down and the state just left it, so a great place to stop.



We got to the lighthouse for a nice walk, lots of butterflies now.



And a Monarch



And lots of birds




And a group of kayakers coming in to practice kayaking and landing at the rocks. 




We went to the beach for a swim at the park, afterwards, but I was so busy trying to get photos that I never did get a swim in.

During the week we went to the town beach, close by so perfect for a swim before dinner. This weekend is iffy, rain on and off, so hopefully we can get out for a paddle before it hits. I hope you are all enjoying your summer. I can't believe it is almost over, but we always enjoy being out in the fall, when the crowds are gone.






2 comments:

acorn hollow said...

We tried the double kayak thing it was not good for us! Wow good for you with two campers.
I hope you get lots of family time in it.
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Holy cats....are you now going to build a huge garage to store all your new toys?? Lucky you. That camp looks amazing! It appears someone keeps it up then? Are all the buildings still there too? Beautiful weekend here although some say it's a bit hot. I don't mind - especially since I'm at the lake and things cool down nicely on the point where I am. Enjoy your paddlings and wanderings! ~Robin~