Friday, June 28, 2024

Friday Finish!

 

This week I have been getting my energy back, so catching up around the house and yard. I made another heart sachet, something I enjoy doing while watching tv at night. It is fun to do something with bright colors and something cheerful. You can find this design, along with others at  Pinker N' Punkin.



This week I had a new visitor. The first time I have seen a buck, not sure where its mother is.



And more birds are coming to visit. Lots of young and the new jelly feeder, has bought the Baltimore Orioles.



Last weekend we got in some walks at the lighthouse. It is always cooler there and a good way for me to get my strength back.



We got out for a walk at Ninigret park. I was able to catch a Common Yellowthroat.



And I was able to catch a few others along the paths.



Today we got to Trustom Pond. It is a 3 mile walk and always full of wildlife. The humidity was gone and we had a nice breeze, so it was nice to get out for a longer walk.

The Osprey was giving me the eye, they do not like it when you get near their nesting grounds.




I saw a lady, taking photos of something and she showed me the Swallows in the nest. I would have missed it, if she wasn't there. The mom was feeding her baby, a large dragonfly. The other two were fledged and out on their own.




More of the critters we saw along the paths.



Afterwards we heading to a nearby beach for a short walk along the shoreline. I almost missed the baby Piping Plovers, they blend in with the rocks and are tiny. They are so fun to watch. The moms were close by, watching and if you got too close, the mom would feign a broken wing. The males fly over head and dive bomb you, if. you are in their area.




The Fishing boats are coming back to bring in their daily catch. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon and unwind. I hope you all have a nice weekend and are not in the paths of the storms.



2 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

You always take the best pictures!!! Love the frog on the lily pad.
I have a jelly feeder and it is amazing the birds that eat jelly besides the orioles. I even had a female cardinal the other day! They are eating me out of home and jelly. Off to the store today to buy more.
Happy 4th to you and Bill.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Cute sachet. Such amazing photos as always. You captured the young buck so regally. I love that you can still see the faint outlines of his spots in his hair. I that - along with the frog on the lily pad and the fishing boats are my favorites this post. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Happy weekend! ~Robin~