Friday, June 14, 2024

Friday Finish!

 

This week I made a lavender sachet. I am repacking my wool into boxes, so I need some new ones to keep it fresh smelling. The free design is by Pinker n' Punkin Quilting and she has a lot of other freebies for stitching and cross stitch. She has a group of heart designs to make into a quilt, I made mine into a heart shape.



Last weekend we were able to take the boys to the Mystic Seaport, for their grand opening of a new exhibit, Voyage to the Deep. It is based on Jules Verne's, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea.



Lots of hand on activities for the boys to enjoy.



We also walked outside for a bit, of course Alex had to have his anchor shot.



And we toured the Amistad, which is part of this summers exhibits. It was nice to get out with the boys and this weekend will be the last before they leave for England. They are visiting Ivy's sister in London, then she is taking the boys to visit her mom, so they won't be back until August. 

This week my light weight camera is in the shop, so I am hoping it comes back. I have to use the heavier camera, so that is harder when on the go. We have the week off, and it is going to be a heat wave. I was looking forward to doing more kayaking, but it will depend on how hot it gets. I hope you all have a good week and not in areas with extreme weather.



2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Sweet sachet...and I bet it smells heavenly. The exhibit looks like something I would enjoy myself LOL. We're supposed to be in the mid to upper 80's here the next three days (yikes!) and have storms. Hoping they're not severe. The winds have been so crazy this spring that it makes me apprehensive. Enjoy your week off and stay cool! ~Robin~

Lauren said...

I love the scent of lavender.
What an adventure for the boys traveling abroad. I’m sure you will miss them!
Safe travel wishes.
Rugs and Pugs