Friday, May 31, 2024

Final finish!

 

All I got done this week is finishing my dog quilt. I added a saying and the stitching in a couple of leaves I missed. I used a chalk pencil to draw the saying on, so it's not perfect but I like how it brings a theme to the quilt, for summer.



Last weekend we took the boys out for birthday shopping and then to the island for some beach time. They ended up getting new sport sneakers and a soccer ball.



A few more sights at the beaches.



The next day, Bill and I went back and took Bean for a walk at the lighthouse. 



It was really foggy in some areas, it just hung over the tower, where I spotted the pair of Ospreys.



I was able to catch a few of the many birds, that hang out in the surrounding bush.



And as we were walking, we spotted a ship, coming in from the fog. We drove to the far end of the island and I was able to catch the ship as she came into the harbor.



Today we took an afternoon walk at the nearby park. It is a great place to get a longer walk in and Bean loves that it ends at the beaches. 



The park is filled with a variety of birds, but none would sit still or show themselves. In one inner cove, I spotted a few blackbirds, this one had a meal he found in the brush.

I hope you are all having nicer weather and can enjoy your weekend.



3 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Sounds like a perfect week to me. How I'd love to be able to walk along a beach and see magnificent ships like that! Your quilt hanger turned out great. So full of summer charm. I'm always amazed at how large the osprey nests appear compared to their size. They're big birds but, yikes, their homes look mansion sized. Rainy and cold here again...There go my plans for getting some things taken care of outside. Enjoy your weekend! ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

The boys are getting so big...and more handsome by the day!

acorn hollow said...

Looks like your boys had a great time.
I have no idea where you find the time to stitch. I fall into bed this time of year exhausted from all the outside work
Cathy