Friday, February 2, 2024

Friday Re-Finish!

 

This week I was deciding on some items, I could donate to a charity raffle. I made up a potholder set and while looking through my box of items, I found an older item. It was a little quilt I made years ago and messed up the quilting, it was all puckered. So, I took it apart and remade it into a pillow. I also added a little lavender pillow to go with it. 

This was a design by Red Brolly, and I painted it with acrylics.



We did our usual ride over the weekend. With the cold weather, it is nice to get out and enjoy the beach, even on a dismal day, the beaches are beautiful. Looking across the breachway.



In the breachway, I watched two Common Eiders, trying to catch fish, as the tide was going out.



And in the coves, I was lucky enough to find a Great Blue Heron, that didn't fly away.



At home, my feeders have emptying fast. I was thrilled to finally see a couple of Goldfinches. They love the Nyger, so I put it where they would see it from the pines. I had to take a photo through the window, since they are shy.



And my resident Cardinal. He is quite the character and his mate will come too, but she is more shy. I hope you all enjoyed your week and are enjoying a respite from all the rain.



2 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Finally a sunny day here we haven't seen the sun in so long.
Great pictures
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Glad you were able to rescue your quilt project. I'm enjoying the milder temps we are having, and today we even had some sunshine. This morning, I heard the sweet song of the cardinal. So refreshing after only hearing the crows, jays and woodpeckers. Enjoy your Sunday! ~Robin~