Friday, October 6, 2023

In the works!

 

I am still working on my stitchery. It has a lot of stitching and some things I am thinking on, as I go. The background fabric is coffee stained color from Moda, so a bit darker than I usually do. I am using brighter threads so they show up and adding detail inside so it stands out. A bit more to do and then a christmas fabric for the border. It is another design by Cheri Saffiote. I don't like how the stitches in the mustache look, so I will redo that and I may add some glitter, red knots in the center of his robe squares.



Last weekend we took a ride around a section of Connecticut. Our first stop was the waterfall in Putnam. I never get tired of walking along the river and listening to the roar of the falls.



Our next stop was Goodwin forest, we stopped for a little walk and a view of the pond. A bit of color coming in.



Then we headed over to Diana's pool. It was a bit wet, so the falls weren't as stepped, as they usually are. After that we headed down to Mansfield to see the dam, always beautiful views.



Bill had a day off this week, so we headed to Newport. We enjoyed a walk along the cliff walk. This photo cracked me up when I realized there was a little man, sticking out of the pack.



After that, we went to the bird sanctuary and took another walk. Always a beautiful walk with views of the ocean and I was able to get a decent shot of the lighthouse across the bay.



At the cliff walk, a friendly Catbird was chatting at me and at the sanctuary, I spotted my first Black and White Warbler.



At home, my winter visitors are coming back. I hope everyone enjoyed their week and have a nice holiday weekend. As usual we have a rainy Saturday, but we will have two nice days, so I can't complain.



2 comments:

Fiona said...

lovely drive and walk - and yes a little man in the back pack! haha.... does your cat bird make sounds like a cat... we have one that lives in rainforests here and make sounds like an alarmed cat...

Hugz

TheCrankyCrow said...

Beautiful views as always and, yes, the little man cracks me up too. Once you see it, you can't unsee it. LOL. We've taken a turn for the rainy, cool, and windy. Frost tonight or the next. It seems as though it happened overnight. (Well, I guess, technically and literally LOL.) Enjoy the rest of your weekend. ~Robin~