Friday, November 4, 2022

Friday Finish!

 

I can't believe that it is November, the months have flown by. The good thing is, we are getting unseasonable nice weather on the weekends, so we get to enjoy being out for a bit longer. This week the new stitchery came out, so of course I had to make that. It was perfect for Thanksgiving and I can use it to place a hot dish, on the. table.

I added extra border stitching for fun, and I like how it came out. I can never seem to get the right colors in a photo, it is bright, but in a nice way.




Last weekend we got out for a ride, closer to home. I was able to stop at the quilt shop and pick up some nice Christmas fabric and a panel to make a nativity. On the way home we stopped by the Veterans Cemetery. The trees were bursting with vibrant color.



On Sunday we went to Connecticut to check out a new area. We went to a park on the river, but ran into an event, so it was a bit crowded. We walked around a bit and watched as the Scullers came in. This is definitely a place to come back to, perfect place to go kayaking.



As we passed through the town, we saw beautiful foliage and a few fun Halloween displays.



The last place we stopped was an old mill site. It was a nice walk through the woods, following the river and seeing what was left of one of the old mills.

I hope you all had a good week and a fun weekend ahead.



3 comments:

acorn hollow said...

A friend sent me a picture of that I think I need to start stitching but just not sure where I will find the time. We have had just amazing weather I would love it to last to December have a bit of cold and snow Dec and Jan and back to nice in Feb. It would make the heating bills much more palatable
Cathy

Julie Fukuda said...

I'm amazed at how much you can get done in your super busy life. Nice Friday finish!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Sweet stitching as always.
Glorious weather here in Ohio so I am finally getting some much needed yard cleanup done. It won't all get done but some is better than none.