Friday, September 30, 2022

Friday Finish!


 I am still working on finishing my two quilts, but almost there, just the binding left. I decided to take a break and try an idea I had. I was thinking of making penny ornaments with needle felting and fill them with balsam. Not so sure they will work with balsam, it might fall out and what I had thought in my head, didn't quite work out, a bit cutesy. I tried to put too much in a small space and didn't have enough room for detail. But, it was fun to do and helps me to decide on what to try next.



Last weekend we spent a day with the boys. On the way to the farm, I remembered the alpaca farm had an event for the weekend, so we stopped there first. The boys loved seeing the alpacas and I got myself a few bags of wool felt, from the alpacas.




Nick got to try out weaving on a loom, he loved it.



Then we went to the apple farm, always a fun place for the boys.



The boys got their own bag to pick and take home. Nick loves apples and Alex enjoyed helping him by picking out of a few of his own.



On the way home we stopped at the mill. Next month they will open for demonstrations, so we will go back.



The boys had fun exploring.



Sunday we decided to go  to Groton, Connecticut. We stopped at the point and enjoyed watching the boats and ferries.  Then we went for a walk at the boardwalk that follows the river. It was a nice walk without crowds.



We also spent some time at the beach this week. So much nicer without the crowds, even though it can get a bit chilly. Today I found some nice treasures, a piece of pottery and the top of a red glass bottle, probably from an old perfume bottle. 

I hope you are all doing well and safe from teh storms that have come through. We are getting the rains tomorrow, so a good day to stay in and finish my quilts. 



2 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

The video of Nick at the weaving loom you posted on FB was just too precious.
The memories you are making with those boys. Priceless.

TheCrankyCrow said...

You certainly pack a great deal of adventure into your time with the boys...they must absolutely love it. That lighthouse is amazing! I would love to spend a few nights there... Looking forward to photos from the mill. It looks beautiful. ~Robin~