Friday, September 23, 2022

Friday Finish!


 I am still working on my charity quilts and I wanted a break from sewing, so I made up a halloween piece. I find that I can sit for hours while felting, so it is a good activity when I want to sit and rest. I always start with an idea and it comes out differently, but still fun to make and have something new for the season.



I also, finally, put my scrap quilt together, so now I just need a border and get it ready for quilting. This will be another hand project, I want the stitches to show and it should work up quickly enough, that I will have it ready for Christmas.



Last weekend we went for a few walks. The first was at our local bird sanctuary. Always a nice walk and lots of birds in the area.

A few views on our walk.




And a few of the wildlife, we saw along the way.




On the way out, we spotted a hawk, flying overhead.



And also flying overhead, were a group of World War II planes.



The next day we went to a park in Connecticut. A nice walk along the coastline with views of the ocean, along the way.

We spotted quilts a few groups of birds, who are resting on their way south.



And more shore birds along the way.



Lots of Monarchs, flitting about, gathering nectar for their trip south.



And quite a few dragonflies and bees, as well. Unfortunately we also ran into quilts a few mosquitos and I got bit, way too many times. It was a hot day, so to the best time to be in a swampy area.



Today we went to the island to do a little walking and glass hunting. It was a bit windy and cool, and the waves were higher in the inner bay, due to the hurricane, passing by. I found a few treasures and was delighted to see that the black piece I found was a cobalt blue piece.

I hope everyone had a nice week and plans for fun this weekend. A lot of the places we visit, are ones I found by using Google maps and exploring closely to find walks and parks in the area. See what fun things you can find to do, in your own backyard



3 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your stocking quilt is so sweet!

TheCrankyCrow said...

LOVE that stocking quilt!!! I quit felting as I have a cat who seems to having a roving fetish and everything I make disappears. Somewhere, there is a whole stash of felted pumpkins...unless she ate them...which is a possibility since I would think I would have found them by now. I'm not THAT horrible of a housekeeper. (Ok...well....?) ~Robin~

Allie said...

Oh that pumpkin ghost is so darn cute!!! Really well done, girl. Love the views you had - I'd love to explore my own backyard if I'm ever able to get out and about again!