Friday, September 9, 2022

Friday Finish!


 I hope everyone had a nice week and are enjoying some cooler weather. We got a good amount of rain, so everything is greening back up and now we have warm sun and cooler breezes, perfect fall weather. I was still recovering from the flu the kids gave me, so I rested a bit and was able to finish a new piece, while working on my wheel chair quilt. I have a few more blocks to finish and then I can put it together.

This design is another from Kathy Schmitz. It was perfect for a gift box that is going out this month, something fun for fall and practical. It looks more wonky in the photo and I did cut off angle, but in person it looks straighter.



Since Alex and I had the same flu, we took them for a bit during the weekend to give the kids time to get things done at home. We spent one day at home, watching tv and Nick wanted to take photos of the birds, so we sat on the porch and took some photos.

Here is Nick's photo. He was using the kid's camera I got him, a few years ago. Maybe this year I can get him a better one, he loves taking photos.



And one of the cardinal, when he was sitting in the tree, that I took.



The next day I had plans to go paddling, but the boys asked if they could go out with us, so we took them to the beach. I think it did them good, they need more fresh air.

Nick loves the beach and digging holes.



Alex had fun, filling up the bucket and adding water to the hole.



I did some walking on the beach and found a few treasures, my first find was a light blue bottle stopper.

I had plans to take them out on my new board,  this weekend but it seems they have gotten sick again. We have a nice weekend coming up, so I plan on being outside as much as possible. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.



3 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

I love your little work. I know it is really difficult to get a photo perfectly aligned. It looks like you have a little student. Wonderful fun with the boys. I hope they know how lucky they are.

TheCrankyCrow said...

I love, love, love that little squirrel stitchery! The colors are so yummy. Hmmm....it would seem that Nick and his beginner camera takes better photos than I do. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

I hope by now everyone is healthy!