Friday, August 12, 2022

Working on Friday!

 

I wasn't able to get my new piece finished, but I am almost there. I won a pattern in a Facebook group, called Church Cat and I still have to do the binding and finishing touches. I also made up a quick wheel chair top and plan on doing another, these two will be for guys and I plan on hand quilting them. Normally I would use the machine, but I was able to get a camping spot at the state park, so I wanted something to work on while camping. 




I have been spending more time at home with heat and enjoying the birds, a Chipping Sparrow, Black Capped Chickadee and a Goldfinch in my neighbor's yard.



And to my surprise, one finally came over to enjoy the seeds on my Cone flowers.



And I have seen more House Finches lately.



And my resident Cardinal is letting me know that he is not happy, that the feeder is empty. 



We also got to spend a day at my favorite beach, the harbor is always busy with boaters.



And I never leave without a nice little treasure of beach goodies. I hope everyone has had a nice week and cooler temperatures. We have gotten better with a few rain storms, so it is nice to be able to open the windows again. May you be able to get out and find your own peace of heaven, in your area.



4 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

I look forward to seeing a finished Church Cat. It looks like a fun piece.
Oh that cardinal is giving you the stink eye!!!

acorn hollow said...

Always wonderful pictures and projects.
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

I'm absolutely dying of laughter here...that cardinal is HILARIOUS! Wow...I'd say the harbor is busy! We've cooled way down...too far down for my taste and I'm almost ready to turn on the heat. Eek! ~Robin~

Julie Fukuda said...

You always manage to find a project to keep your hands busy, and I love your bird pictures. I thought that cardinal was a bit jealous that you posted another red bird first.