Friday, August 19, 2022

Friday Finish and Fun!

 

Another busy week, but a good busy. I was able to finish my new piece and love how it came out. It is so hard to get the true look in a primitive piece, one light makes it too blue, another too yellow, so I tweaked the colors to get as close as possible.

This is a design by Cheri Saffiote Payne, called Church Cat. I was lucky enough to be a Wednesday winner of a free pattern and have always wanted to do this one. I kept it true to the original and hand quilted it.




Over the weekend, we got to spend the afternoon at our beach, with the kids. The weather wasn't as nice though, a bit cooler and gusty, so not as much swimming, as beach combing.




We had a tent set up and my DIL made up sandwiches for everyone.  Nick had fun building rock towers and I found a few pieces of glass.




I was able to check out the new Ospreys. They weren't too happy when I got closer and flew away.




Another day we went and the tide was down, lower then usual. Always fun to walk along the beach and find more treasures.




Yesterday we went for a few hours and the tide was up, the wind was blowing and the waves were rough. This is what happens when the ocean is rough, a bouy that marks the rocky area, let loose and ended up on the beach.




With the high tide, not as many treasures but I was happy to find a purple piece of glass.



And today, my husband took a lot longer to get home and this is why. He surprised me with a Peddle Board. With my broken tailbone, I can walk on water and not have to sit so long. It was fun trying it out in our harbor, easy to peddle and very stable.

Monday we are heading to our state park for a week. This one is near the ocean, so I plan on getting out as much as possible and building up my muscles. I also have some projects to work on, so I plan on relaxing too. I hope. you all have a wonderful weekend and I may post, midweek, so you can follow along with my week.



5 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I think that is pretty cool board. I have never seen one.
you always have a wonderful time with the boys.
have a great vacation
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a great little mat!! And what a sweet and thoughtful gift from your husband. My poor knees hurt just thinking about it LOL. I hope you have a great time away next week! Will be looking forward to your adventures. ~Robin~

Fiona said...

Great beach time... have fun with your board... I always fancied trying one of those...
Hugz

Rugs and Pugs said...

I never heard of a pedal board. It is COOL!
What a fun finish on Church Cat.

Julie Fukuda said...

I always love your posts and your facebook pictures too. The boys are growing so fast and there always seems to be something new ... a lovely piece of stitchery or a board on the water and fledged birds.