Friday, July 22, 2022

Friday Finish!

 

This week I wanted to use up some precut pennies that I had from my stash and some from a friend. I still have lots of wool, so it is fun to use what I have and make something new. I decided to do stitcheries on the pennies and used a loose chain stitch so it has a bit of a rope look. It seems a lot bolder since I used a lighter floss but I did wash antique medium over them, to tone it down. The camera seems to pick up more lightness. 

I just added what fit on the back of the piece I had and made it up, as I went along. It was fun to do and a nice way to keep my hands busy while I watched tv.



Over the weekend we had a family get together. My sister got a trip home for her Christmas present from her daughter and son in law, so they came this week, to visit and some sight seeing. My brother and nephew, as well as my son and family, so it was nice to have family get together. It was hot, so we enjoyed time under the trees when the breezes picked up.



I also spent some time at the beach. One day it was sunny and warm, so great for swimming, the next was cloudy and cool, which was so nice with all the humidity we have had. I even found a few treasures. 



Today we had an early dinner and went to the beach later. It wasn't as hot but the waves were rougher. I was able to slip into the ocean for a quick swim, in between the waves and found a few pieces of glass that the waves threw up. More heat for the weekend, so we won't be outside as much. It seems we wait all winter for summer, then it is too hot to be outside. I hope you all have a nice weekend and a break from the heat.



2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh Debbie! That little penny mat is ADORABLE! Everything is perfectly planned out motif wise...can't believe you made the design up as you went along. So creative. I agree about the waiting all winter for summer and then being too hot to enjoy. We've had a few days of unbearable humidity - including this morning - but it is pouring now and is supposed to cool way down this coming week...like high's in the mid to low 70's. Yikes! A very strange summer. I'm glad you got to enjoy time with your family. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

I adore your latest applique piece. Absolutely loving it!