Friday, June 10, 2022

Friday Finish!


 Lately it seems I never have time to go online and when I do, it is to quickly scan and hopefully not miss anything. I usually try to catch up on blogs on the weekend so hopefully I can catch up on everyones news.

I decided to start an Americana piece this week, a design by Bird in the Hand Primitives. It was fun to do and small pieces are nice since I can add more to my walls. I traced it in reverse, I guess I placed the design backwards on the light pad, but it looks like either way.



And of course we spent afternoons at the beach when we could. Glass collecting, walks on the beach and nature.



One day I got more distracted by the antics of a pair of Great Egrets, so not as much glass that day. 



The gulls like to hang with them, always a chance of stealing food if they can get it.



And at one point they were doing their dance, but it was hard to catch them in the act.



In the distance on a large rock island, I spotted a lot of Cormorants. This is just a portion of the rock and you can see how many nests are there. 



And we finally got a chance to get to the Veterans Cemetery. My parents are there, Bills dad and second wife, as well as his brother Tom. It is a beautiful place to just walk around.



His brother is in the memorial wall, but it is a new section and they still haven't engraved names on any. The old graveyard is in the back and this sad section is the graves that died at Ladd School, formally called The School for the Feeble Minded. They finally closed it down, a time of horrors to the poor and mentally disabled.



Today we stopped at the main state beach to get passes for our cars. While we were down there, we stopped at another beach for a nice walk, perfect day but the tide was up, so not a good time for glass collecting.



And on a sad note, we said our goodbyes to Moki. He as a stray that wondered into my yard one day. Scared and hungry, and scarred up from battles. It took a few weeks before he fully trusted me and then he came in and stayed. We were not sure how old he was, but the vet said around 3 years. He was silly and loving and will be missed, but I know he is better off from his suffering. 

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I got a dragon kite for the boys, so hoping we can get out to try it.



4 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ha ha....that first photo of the egret looks like it's bow-legged. But, yes! I can see the wonderful dance moves!! So fun! So sorry about your Moki....Those of us who love our fur kids and have lost them know the pain. (I hope I read that right...the photo says "2021" but I take it you just lost him....) 😿 ~Robin~

Julie Fukuda said...

You are so good at capturing birds in motion. We have several sizes of egrets here, but by the time I get my camera turned on, they are long gone.It is hard to say goodbye to our fur family, even those who picked you rather than the other way around.

Rugs and Pugs said...

So sorry about Moki, but he hit the kitty lottery when he found you.

Grams Jean said...

Ah sweet Moki waving at us, will be missed I'm sure.