Friday, March 18, 2022

Friday Finishes!

 

This has been a busy week, but keeping busy, keeps me from letting all the crazy in this world, stress me out. I made a few new things and finished an old item. I made this rug, years ago but never bound it. I actually enjoy binding, I find it relaxing and it was so nice to see it done. The pattern is by Mad Hen Primitives and the kit was gifted to me, by a friend. I am still unsure about the bold blue on the wing, I may just change that.



I also saw a free pattern for cloth carrots, but of course I just made them myself. I just made some triangles, sewed them together and added strips of cloth for the top, fast and easy.



And I made another set of rocks, to hide. I love doing fun ones, an hopefully they will bring smiles to the recipients.



Last weekend we did a drive around the beach areas, it was cooler so we just enjoyed the views. Along the way we spotted a group of Red Breasted Mergansers. They are so funny, trying to impress the females.



On the way home, we decided to go to the old base, to see if the owl was around.  I was thrilled to find her in an area that I could get some nice shots. She is so beautiful, but it won't be long before she leaves.



We also spent a few days at the beach. Beautiful weather and great way to get some exercise, as we find treasures.



Today Bill had the day off, so we took a ride to Newport and spent our time at the bird sanctuary. As usual they all flew off when we got close, but I was able to get a few shots of a Northern Mockingbird and a Song Sparrow.



The walk around the point is beautiful, surrounded by the ocean. You can see a lighthouse in the distance, even though it was foggy around the little islands. On the way home we stopped at my favorite beach and found more glass. The Newport Beach has mostly white pottery, so it was fun to spend a little more time on my favorite beach.

I hope everyone had a nice week and fun plans for the weekend.



6 comments:

susan hemann said...

lovely rug!

I like your rocks too

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your rug is absolutely wonderful. I'm sure it feels good to have it done.
You will definitely bring smiles to the faces of those who find your painted stones.
As always...more adventures and treasures. You will need to add an addition for all your sea glass.

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

Your Noah’s ark rug is perfect! Love these colours. I don’t see a bold blue on the wing but it may be the photo. As usual your nature pics are stunning. That owl is amazing!

marie said...

I was born in Newport and don't remember a bird sanctuary. Where is it?

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your rug turned out beautifully!! Must have been kind of fun to all of sudden have a finished piece that would have taken a lot of time to create and ta da done! I, too, have always enjoyed the relaxing process of binding....that is if I do a whipped edge. The wool edge is a little more intense for me. LOVE seeing the owl!!! I've been not feeling well today and now the weekend is half over, so tomorrow will be catch-up...nope, nothing fun. ~Robin~

QuiltGranma said...

Love the rug as finished, and see no need to change the blue. Beautiful bird pictures too. Could you tell or show us what you do with your beach treasures?