Friday, March 25, 2022

Friday Finish!

 

This week has been slow with crafting. With a long weekend, I tend to wear down, so I rested and caught up on things around the house. I decided to paint some more rocks, to hide. They are fun to do and this way I will have some, each time we go out. I only hide a few at a time in different places, that way, one person doesn't find and take them all, that does happen.

I have been finding designs on the web, I browse Pinterest sites for ones that interest me and are not too hard to copy. 

I did make a mess of the kitty in the pot, his side hair is not in the right position, my brain went on hold for a bit. Not the best photo, the light makes them look wonky.



To enjoy some time in the nicer weather, Bill took Friday and Monday off. On the weekend we had one nice day and one rainy day. On Saturday we took a ride up state to see a Blue Heron Rookery. Not as many as I expected and the sun was directly in front of me, so I had to do a lot of editing to get a few decent photos.

This pair was fun to watch and the closest. He brings her sticks and she places them in the nest, doesn't look too comfortable.



And while shooting, they decided to get started on their family.



Sunday we got to the beach for a bit and Bean was happy he got to get out to his favorite place. We also went to the beach this afternoon. A bit cooler today and the wind was kicking up, and the tide was high, so we only had a small area to search in.



On Monday we went to Connecticut. I wanted to see a few places where the ospreys were coming in and visit a few parks along the way.

Our first stop was our last stop, we went to the river, where there is a boardwalk into an estuary.


At the end there is a higher platform to see the nests in the area. There were a few already nesting in the area. We also spotted a few in areas further down, it is a place I would like to get out and paddle, to get closer to the sanctuary area.



We also found another area for a hike and bird viewing. 



Our last stop, which is last since we went up and travelled back down, towards home, was at Rocky Neck Park. It is a large park with camping and picnic areas, a bird sanctuary and a beach. I would love to camp at their parks, but they do not allow dogs. 

A few views around the park.


A lot of birds in the inner marshes.


And to make my day, an eagle. I had decided not to take a ride around the river and do more hiking than driving or hunting for eagles. While I was shooting, I heard a commotion. A flock of birds was trying to chase another bird away. I had to take a few quick shots, but when I got home, I was able to see, it was a juvenile eagle.

I hope everyone had a good week and fun plans for the weekend. 



3 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your photos of our feathered friends always amaze me!! Just incredible. We have a pair of swans at the inlet at the lake, but I have never managed to get a photo. And even if I did, it would not ever do justice to them as yours does. The photos of the herons made me laugh... You're right, that nest doesn't look too comfortable....and hmmm, you think they'd have waited until their home was finished before getting to the family thing LOL. Fun hiding rocks too!! I see no issue with the kitty's hair. Enjoy what's left of your weekend! ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your nature pictures are always outstanding!

Julie Fukuda said...

I am really loving seeing all your great bird pictures on facebook, and again on your blog. You sure do have a nice selection of places to visit. Times like this I wish I could be your neighbor!