Friday, March 11, 2022

Friday Finishes!


This week I worked on finishing the new stitchery by Kathy Schmitz. This one was fun to do and I did more fancy stitches, as well as add a border to mine. It is fun having something new and quick to do, each month. I am seriously thing about doing sales again, I have way too many finished pieces, starting to pile up.



For fun, I decided to try some new rocks to hide. With the nicer weather, it is fun to place a few, at a time, in places we visit. With everything that is going on, I felt like sunflower pieces were nice to show our support. With my bad arm, it is harder to do a lot of detail, so I kept them simple.



Our weather is up and down lately, rain, warm and then cold again, so one day we went to the kids and spent some time with the boys and a little party for my son's 40'th birthday. Afterwards we drove around their area to look for an eagle they spotted. No eagle but we found an old mill site.


Remnants from the old mill.



The next day we spent some time at the beach. It was a bit cool but I finally got a pair of Bogs, so I was able to walk along the water without having to worry about getting my feet wet or cold. Bean was happy to go along, and the low tide meant, he had more places to explore.


I found some nice treasures and thrilled to find another marble and a large piece of lavender.



On the way out of the beach, I noticed a bird sitting at the Osprey nest and stopped to take a photo. It seems a Red Tailed Hawk and his mate have made a home in the nest. I am sure the Osprey is not going to be happy when it returns and sadly, it will kick them out, so I hope they havn't laid eggs yet.



I also got a surprise in the mail, a gift from Kathy Schmitz. She has a contest each year and this year was to make 6 of the same items and post a photo. I posted a photo of my pillows and instead of picking a winner, she sent all of the girls who posted, a gift package.

I hope this finds you all well and enjoying time creating and time exploring your area. Warm weather is heading our way, so Bill has two days to take off so we are planning some day trips this coming week.



4 comments:

Fiona said...

I love the little pillow and great little prize you got... enjoy your couple of days travelling...
Hugz

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your newest creation is so sweet!!! (No pun intended LOL...) I love your painted rocks. I used to paint and hide some too...but haven't in a long time. Never have found one, but it seems most people hide them in the parks and walking trails, none of which I frequent. And of course no one hides them in the winter...too much snow. We are still bitterly cold but we are supposed to get to 50 by the end of this coming week... Woo hoo!!! Enjoy day tripping! ~Robin~

Julie Fukuda said...

Your little pillows are always so sweet. I'm glad you could get out for a bit. Our signs of an early spring have been rather late. The late February blooms have held off until just now, We did have a few warmer days on this weekend, but the wind is rattling the windows, so it probably won't last long. You always manage to get good bird pictures.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I can't believe Bean in standing in that cold water!!!
Your rocks are fun and will bring a smile to someone's face.
Happy 40th to your son!