Friday, October 1, 2021

Friday Finish!

 

Another week has come and gone and I was able to finish my stitchery just in time, for the new one that came out today. I love this one since it was fun to do and will make a nice gift. I do enjoy coloring them, but I think I need to get more pencils to widen my color palette. It is fun to do brighter colors though, it makes me happy when I work on them.



We got to spend an afternoon with the boys. They love our beach, fun to treasure hunt and play at the beach. We bought the trailer so they were able to have lunch and then go back to the beach.



Unfortunately we got rain, so we waited it out and took a walk around the park, before we left.



The next day, Bill and I went for a bike ride on a rail trail in Connecticut. It goes through the woods, and past several ponds. It was a wonderful place to ride but I realized my seat was a bit too hard for my bony butt, lol. I was able to order a seat cover with cushion, so that should do the trick.




And of course, we spent a few afternoons at the beach. This was a beautiful day and there were a lot of wind surfers on the bay.



The last day we spent there was Wednesday. I had to wear a sweatshirt with the cooler weather and of course, now that I can't swim, the water was nice and calm. I wasn't feeling great and of course got worse for the rest of this week. Lots of meds and vitamins and so far I am fighting off, whatever I have. I am hoping I am up to getting out this weekend, the weather is cooler and it is so nice to get out for walks and maybe get some photos.



We didn't stay as long but I found some nice large treasures that were washing up on the beach. I hope you all have a wonderful week and stay safe and healthy.



4 comments:

Olde Dame Holly said...

I really like that heart rock that you found along with the glass! I knew a retired doctor who loved to collect carnelian in the desert. He affixed thousands of tumbled carnelian nuggets to one of his den walls. It was amazing. He said he had to do "something" with all the gems he found!

TheCrankyCrow said...

When I saw your pillow and before I started actually reading your post, I thought how happy it looked! I am glad you got out...I think for you it is like breath itself LOL. That photo of water and beach is stunning. And, of course, I love your found treasures!! I am hooked on those heart-shaped ones that you find from time to time. We've had some glorious fall days here and the fall colors is beginning to peak. This is the time of year I wish I had a driver so I could just gawk at the trees. But now we are to cool down as well. Hope you've kicked whatever what ailing you. ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

I have a bony butt, too...lol!
Hope you are feeling good and enjoying the weekend.

Julie Fukuda said...

Your little pillow is darling and I love the pictures with the boys... just thinking of all the wonderful memories they are building up in those outings.