Friday, October 29, 2021

Friday Finish!

 

Another week flew by and I think the weekend tired me out, so I have been resting more than doing anything constructive.  Add a noreaster to the mix and no power for three days. We did lose our outdoor tent, but nothing else was damaged.

I was able to make up a couple of Balsam pillows for Christmas. I used a design by Cheri Saffiote, that was part of a larger design. It was something fun to do, to keep my hands busy and a start on Christmas gifts.



This weekend we had planned on taking the kids for a day trip and getting photos, but Saturday didn't work out and we headed to the beach for a bit. The weather is getting cooler and the tides aren't always the best, but still fun to walk along the shore and find a few good treasures. I was surprised to find the blues and the dark one was a new find, it looks blue, but when you hold it to the light, it is a yellow shade, maybe an old piece of carnival glass.


And on Sunday we made it out with the kids. We piled into the RV and headed to the castle. The colors weren't as vibrant as we hoped, but it was a nice day to be out, and take a few photos.

The family photos came out too dark or too light and they are the worst to get nice photos since they all tend to fidget, but this one came out nice and I have been working on my editing skills to make them better.



I did get some nice photos of the scenery. This is the Essex train that takes people on scenic rides up the Connecticut river.


A view from the castle, looking down river.


After the castle, we headed to Devils Hopyard to see the falls. They were not running as strong, but a nice spot to take photos. A day of squatting and running around was enough to tire me out for a week, lol. Tomorrow is rain and hopefully we can find some places with nice color on Sunday. I hope you all have a wonderful week.




3 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Wonderful picture of the train! It is always nice to get family pictures too.
You are always so good at finishing projects weekly. I have so many started projects right now I will never finish anything
Cathy

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your family photos turned out great I think... Love the backdrop in the first one. You can just see the energy in the boys bubbling out LOL. I love the photo of the train too... It reminds me of the train trip we took in Canada many, many, years ago. And, of course, I am always amazed at what the ocean offers up. Hope your weekend is off to a great start. ~Robin~

Olde Dame Holly said...

Excellent photos despite the squirmers! I love that latest collection of glass. How strange that the blue glass piece has yellow inside! Sounds pretty rare! I love those balsam pillows. Good gifts indeed. Happy Halloween to you and yours! Bet the grands are excited!