Friday, May 28, 2021

Friday working on and camping!

 

It seems this month went by fast and the end of the month is here, last weekend of camping at this campground. The good thing is, I might get more done now. I have been working on a project that I was hoping to finish for my Daughter in Law's birthday this week, but still working on it. The good thing is, we postponed the party till next week so I may still be able to. 

I plan on doing a nice floral print border and making a wall hanging with it. The design is by Kathy Schmitz, one of the patterns I got with my winnings.



Most of my time at camp is spent on the water or going for walks with Bean. I just love hearing all the birds around me, I just wish they would sit still. Even so, I was able to take a few photos last week.



I was finally able to catch the Baltimore Oriole, and hopefully I will be a closer, clearer photo one day.



I also enjoyed watching the Great Blue Heron, fishing. That is until, another larger one came diving from the nearby trees and attacked it, and chased it away. I guess that was his fishing spot.



And I always know when a Blackbird nest is nearby, the males yell at me, the minute I get close to one. Not the smartest way to keep the nest a secret, lol. Most just yell a lot, but the one near the bridge, has decided to dive bomb me, when I paddle by.



One day we went for a ride and decided to come back along the fire road and stopped at Hells Hollow Pond. We were lucky enough to come when a family of Geese were swimming nearby.



And another nesting pair, Mallard ducks. Today we got to camp early, so I was able to get some photos and spend time outside before the rains. I will save those for next week. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend and find something that you love to do.



5 comments:

Kate said...

Isn't it wonderful to be able to get so close to nature!!

JustGail said...

If you really want to liven up the blackbird, wear red as you paddle by. I suggest a hat so you can take it off if the bird gets to vigorous in it's nest defending. One of the funniest things I saw one do was when I was car pooling, a male black bird landed by the car, wings out in attack or intimidate position, looking the car from end to end like he didn't know where to start in. The car was bright red. One of the few times I was glad to be in a car pool, as if I were driving I doubt it would have happened (my car not red) and if it did - I would have missed it.

Olde Dame Holly said...

What wonderful photographs of the birds. And so funny that the male blackbird is prepared to take you on; they are all heart. The stichery you are making is gorgeous! An heirloom of the home.

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful gift....Your DIL is sure to treasure it. Love all your bird photos, but those baby geese are the best I think. We have geese at the lake....they are mostly considered a nuisance but I like them. LOL about the blackbird. I have a pair of VERY territorial Robins.... Mrs. R has a nest built on the old ladder that sits against the house by the garage service door. She has had the same nest for the past 2 or 3 years, and every time I try to go in the garage or pass by the ladder to get to the back yard, she or Mr. R (sometimes they double-team me) go in full-blown attack mode. I cannot believe how close they swoop to my head...or how far they will follow me to take they revenge. Yikes! ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a wonderful stitchery for your d-i-l. (Just an FYI before you stitch...you put the comma after August and not the 25. Something I would do...lol!)
Happy Memorial Day!