Friday, April 23, 2021

Working on!

 

This week went by, way too quick. Lots of plans and as usual, only a few things got done. I have several projects I am working on and a quilt I got ready to hand quilt. We will be leaving our RV at a camp next month, so we will be able to spend days there and overnights when we feel like it. It will be easier since Bill doesn't have to drive around and he can relax, and I can get out and bike and paddle, right from our site.

One of the projects I started is a new painting. I wanted something simple and a change to try a pattern from a painting site. It will be a nice summer piece, but the instructions are written with a small photo of the finished piece. I am just looking at the photo and trying to copy it and some of my old skills are coming back to me. The pattern was smaller than my canvas, so I added more water and I will paint in some whale parts.



We got a chance to enjoy some time at the beach. My happy place.



And a few beach finds. This week the tide was high in the afternoon, but the waves threw up a few nice pieces.



And on another beach at the southern coast, I went for some photos of birds, but no luck. As I walked back to the truck, an Osprey flew overhead, carrying a fish. We followed it to the area that I had seen a nest and found him in the nearby marsh. It was a beautiful area with a lot of birds, and across from the fishing fleet, so we will definitely go back for the day.

I hope everyone had a nice week and can enjoy getting out this weekend.




5 comments:

acorn hollow said...

wonderful painting you are always so creative.
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

The beach looks beautiful...but the water looks COLD!
No masks this week? LOL!

Julie Fukuda said...

I promised myself last year that I would begin painting again. I need to find a subject that inspires me before the mosquitoes take over.My son just finished up a commissioned beach painting that I could almost hear the waves when looking at it. Now, if I had a few birds to pose for me....

Susan said...

Oh my, on top of everything else, you paint! I draw stick figure animals that all look like the same thing. Yours looks great to me. Loved seeing the osprey

QuiltGranma said...

Painting and quilting, my kind of girl! Those are my interests as well!