Friday, July 17, 2020

Friday Finish!


Only one thing finished this week. Seems it has been a slow unproductive week and I am spending the rest of the night cleaning the house and making sure all our gear we take in the morning, is ready to grab.

I did spend a fair amount of time, quilting my summer challenge quilt. I love how it came out and have it hanging in the middle of my front window. I use rod clips to hang it, they are great if you have rods on the windows and a nice way to decorate without curtains on some areas.

The only thing I regret is the way I placed the whale, I think he looks off balanced compared to the other designs, so I may add a little something to the right side, to balance it out. I do love the blue board fabric on the sides, I have more to use in another project.



I was able to get a decent site at our state park. It is a lot cheaper than private but no hook ups. That is the great thing with our new rig, fully self contained and a generator. I have my stitching and drawing bag, so hopefully I can relax and sketch a bit. It is going to be hot, but it is usually cooler down there, so hopefully it will not be too hot. The kids are coming on Sunday so we will get to have some fun with the boys.

I hope. you all have a wonderful weekend. This is where you will find me, on the other side of the little trees, something new they planted this year.


6 comments:

acorn hollow said...

wonderful quilt. Enjoy camping and the boys.
Cathy

Karen said...

I don't think the whale looks off balanced at all where you have it. I would just leave it as is. A nice finish, Debbie.

Fiona said...

I love the quilt,,, I don't think you can balance a whale more than you have... it looks fantastic...

Hugz

Rugs and Pugs said...

Love your little quilt and I think the whale is just fine where he is.
I hope the camping was great fun!

TheCrankyCrow said...

I'm with the majority here....whale looks perfect (and I LOVE him!!)...had to really look and see what you possibly could mean as far as being not balanced....guess you mean there isn't a star on either side of him....but really it is balanced placement wise....and my wee mind thinks if you add something to the right, it might give the illusion of imbalance??? Just my ponderings.... Enjoy your camp time!! Have a great week! ~Robin~

Deb said...

Lovely finish and the whale looks right at home where he is. Enjoy camping.