Friday, June 12, 2020

Friday Finishes!


This week I decided to do another little Pillow with a design by Deborah Cade. These are really fun to do and they work up quickly. There are others that I plan to do in the future. With the summer heat setting in, it is nice to have smalls to work on.



The designs from the pillows and from another project that I am working on, are from the Facebook group, Primitive Folk Art Quilts and Projects. The one I am working on now is a summer project from Julie Porter. She did hers with log cabin blocks, but I might use my seagull fabric. I will do the stitchery first, then decide on patterns and layout. These are two I worked on, I may use star buttons so didn't finish all of it for now. There are also some sailboats and a lighthouse in the series.



I also made more masks this week. It seems more people are going without but I rather be safe when in public and there is still a mask order in place, so if I see people without proper masks, such as store workers, I will have some on hand to give out.

The camping ones I will save for trips and sell at camps. I will need to replace some supplies and have my machine serviced, so the extra will go towards that.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. We have hot days ahead, so hoping we can find a less crowded beach for the boys, they do love digging in the sand. We also got some real lures for Nick to try and we will stick with the plastic fish for Alex.



7 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I hope you find the perfect spot for you and the boys. You have been busy as always.
Cathy

Fiona said...

Those bumblers really make me smile.... so fun.... great work with the masks especially if you can get a bit for them at the camp grounds...
Hugz

TheCrankyCrow said...

Bumblers....love that LOL. Will be watching for what you do with the blocks...love that little sand pail one! You are heading for warmth...us for cold....low 40's tonight...brrr! ~Robin~

Pam said...

Do you have info on how to order Deborah Cade's pattern for "bumbles"? Couldn't find her on line?

Rugs and Pugs said...

You are a mask making machine!!!
Chilly-ish here in northern Ohio today. Perfect day to get some yard work done...and here I am on the computer...lol!

QuiltGranma said...

Love that lil' Bumblers pillow!

Dawn said...

Bumblers - so cute!
We have several big bumble bees in the garden this year - I hear them before I see them.

Your masks look great!