Friday, June 19, 2020

Friday Finish and Fun!


I didn't get a lot done on my projects this week, but I did finish more masks. I have some flag material left, so I will finish that off and not make too many more unless it is for a specific person or someone asks. It is hard on my hands and joints, and I have a ton of projects waiting to be finished, so I will start working on those.



I also tried a new style, a box style. It was a lot easier to do and easier on my hands, but tougher on my machine. There is more finish sewing and going through the thicker edges, is not making my machine happy. I like the look in one way, but the stitching seems sloppy. It also is too snug on my nose, so you have to wear it looser, which defeats the purpose of wearing one.

If you want to try this style you can find the video on YouTube. It is easy to follow and I think if you have a smaller nose, it might be perfect.



We also got to spend time with the boys this weekend. The beach was more crowded so we left after a bit and took them fishing at a local pond. It was nice and the boys had fun. Nick got to use a real hook and Alex practiced with the plastic fish, but it only took one lesson and he was casting like a pro.



And for my quiet time, I have been sitting on my porch and enjoy the birds and critters who come to visit. Some birds have left the nest but these two still have a brood that they are feeding. 

Bill has the next week off, it is our anniversary on Sunday, 45 years. We had planned on going to Maine, but that is cancelled, so we will have to do day trips in our area. I was planning on trips to western Connecticut but we may be in for a heat wave, so hiking may not be the best activity. I guess it is time to get the kayaks on the water, so we will see were our adventures take us.


3 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Great pictures of the boys, especially them walking and holding hands!
Those bird pics are pretty awesome, too.
Happy anniversary! May you and Bill be blessed with many, many more :)

TheCrankyCrow said...

Happy, happy, anniversary (almost!) That is an amazing accomplishment these days! My husband and I just had our 32nd last week. I am certain you will find some great adventures...you always do! We are in for cool and rainy weather....Our summers are so short and this year it seems like it is going to be shorter than ever... :-( ~Robin~

QuiltGranma said...

Happy Anniversary. Any day spent together with the one you love is a good day!