Friday, June 5, 2020

Friday Finish!


This week seems to have gone by fast, as each week has. It seems I never have time to do all the things I have planned. I was able to make a couple of little lavender pillow with some free stitcheries.  The designs are by Deborah Cade, offered in the primitive quilt group. She has several fun ones like this and I was thinking it would be a cute little quilt, mixed with prim fabrics.



I also made some new masks. One of my sisters sent me money for the ones I made her and extra to make masks for those who cannot afford them. Her twin sister loves angels, so the angel masks are going to her and the bandana ones, for a friend of hers. I also needed kid's masks, so I used some of the fun materials I had left.

I saw that we still have a mask order, until July, so more are needed.



I took some time to watch the birds in my backyard. I have a pair of hummingbirds that come to the feeder but they are always in motion and quick to leave. Hopefully I can get a better shot of the male with his beautiful red coloring.



This Carolina wren is living in one of the houses we put up. I can hear her babies, chirping in the house. I am hoping to get out for some birding this weekend, though we have rain tomorrow, it looks like a great day to explore on Sunday.

I hope this post finds you well and healthy.


5 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

My #4 daughter sent me two masks she made out of bird fabrics. She is a bird-year baby so now when I go out wearing them, I feel like she is going with me. Love the bird pictures and your little pillows.

acorn hollow said...

Keeping busy love your finishes.
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

That is a great shot of the hummingbird!!!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Yes, the weeks seem to fly by when the weather warms up. That is an incredible photo of the hummingbird....Wow! I wish I had better photography skills. A mask "order"? And until July?? There is no mask "order" here...Someplaces require a mask to enter (e.g., Menards), but that is their own individual "policy." Enjoy the rest of your weekend! ~Robin~

Karen said...

Olde Jenny is my favrotie of the two stitchery pillows you did.