Friday, January 24, 2020

Friday Finish!


This week I made a few smalls and worked on finishing my pillows, which I am still working on, and I started a table runner, something simple from scrap blocks and hand stitching.

A friend sent me a belated gift box with lots of goodies and some patterns. I decided to make the scissor case, since I need one. The design is by Rebekah Smith and I added a few of my own touches.



The second is a pillow I made from an old block, I had laying around. It was a freebie from the Facebook group, Little Red Hen's Wooly Mysteries. She offers a monthly freebie throughout the. year, so a fun group to join. Last year it was cat blocks to make a quilt, this year they are smalls.



We have had a few adventures, and enjoying the outdoors. Last weekend we went to the ocean and visited the lighthouse. It is under repair so I couldn't get good shots of it, but we enjoyed the views and watched the kite surfers.



Today we got out with Alex, he had the day off from school. We took him to the submarine museum where they have rooms for kids to play with the mock circuit boards and he loved going in the submarine with the interactive radio they gave him. Like all boys, he had to try out everything in the museum.



Another surprise I got this week was when I opened one of my husband's packages. When I saw what was in it, I knew it was for me, an early Valentines gift, a 400 zoom lens. It is definitely on the heavy side but I can brace it, to keep from moving when I take photos.

These were my first, backyard birds, love how it blurs the background.



Today I captured some birds on the pond, but the Herons were further away and the sun made it hard to get a clearer shot.



And we spent time at the point, watching the ferries and letting Alex explore the grounds. It was a fun day, but always tiring, trying to keep up with him. A view of the haunted lighthouse, college students using the sailboats today and a view of New London, across the Thames River.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. We are expecting rain tomorrow, so hopefully I can get out Sunday and practice with my new lens.


6 comments:

Terry said...

I love your little scissors case! It's beautiful! :0)

Saundra said...

Very attractive colors in the scissor case.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I'm sure you will be sharing some gorgeous pictures with your new zoom lens.
Sweet little scissor case :)

Fiona said...

love the little makes.... and you will have lots of fun with your new lens...
Hugz

Karen said...

The scissor case is a good design. I recognized it right away as being a Rebekah Smith design. Her patterns have a certain recognizeable look.

acorn hollow said...

Beautiful pictures and it looks like fun! I always like your finishes.
Cathy