Friday, June 14, 2019

Friday Finish!


This week I finally got in my sewing room and finished something. I won fabric from Minick and Simpson in 2011, called Banner Rose. I had it for a few years and decided to make a patriotic runner. I got as far as sewing the strips together and it has been sitting since 2013.

I kept it simple with a darker blue border, which frames it nicely. Then I machine quilted it with a straight stitch around the inner strips. Not perfectly straight stitches, but I can live with my wonky sewing, I tend to stray on occasion.

The finished runner is 23 1/2 x 65". Moki has already taken over half of it, which is why I didn't put too much effort into it. I do have some nice patriotic fabric so I may do one with squares and stars for next year. Things do not last in my house, so having another, just in case, is a good idea and always fun to make them.

I guess I need to work on a fall one next, that I can put more effort into, as well as one for Christmas. This week Bill has off, so hopefully we will get out and have some fun on the water and maybe take a ferry ride. I also want to explore the bird sanctuaries in Newport, always a nice walk and amazing views. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.


5 comments:

Saundra said...

Very pretty runner. Think I still have some cotton fabrics Polly and Laurie sent me. But of course was more interested in the hooking vs. quilting.

acorn hollow said...

enjoy your staycation I love them and you don't feel tired after.
I really like your runner great colors.
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Perfect summer runner!

Fiona said...

Great runner... enjoy having some time out and about...
Hugz

Farmhouse prims said...

I love your runner, the colors are gorgeous!!!
Hugs,
Lecia