Friday, September 28, 2018

Friday Finishes!


This week hasn't been my best week, the flu stayed, so I had to rest most of the week. The bad thing is my sister had to do some things on her own and I helped find people who could go out to dinner with her so she didn't have to eat alone. Since she is land locked, being home means eating lots of fresh seafood. The good thing for me is I got some rest and had time to do some stitching. I am still weak but I am hoping we can get out this weekend.

I made two pillows, one for me and one for a friend. The first is a design by Cheri Saffiote. I wanted to make a wall hanging with wool, but a quick stitchery was easier while I rested. It was a fun one to do and I may still do the wool version.


The second pillow is a design by, By My Hand. I love the kitties and the saying, perfect for a gift.


And another think that wiped me out was over doing it on the weekend, way too much glass hunting, lol.

On Saturday we went to my favorite glass hunting beach. As we were leaving, a man asked me how to tell what was glass. He had rocks and one piece of glass and thought the glass was rock, lol. I showed him what mine looked like and the best way to find it, so he walked away, a happy man.


And this is what we found, Bill helps and my sister found a couple of pieces.


That night the kids came over and we had dinner together. I was washing the glass and asked Nick to help me sort it. He loved helping and then he took some pieces and said, I made you an angel. He is the joy in my heart.


On Sunday, Bill and I went out by ourselves and hit another favorite beach, while my sister stayed home for visitors. The pile on the right side is from one beach,  the pile of white glass and to the left is from Bill's sister's beach. She had a lot more, even though it was scrap too. We did find some nice old pieces at both beaches.

I love finding glass, but I think spending so many hours, bent over is killing my back, so I do need to cut back. We have a nice week coming up, and we are hoping to get up to NH, the following week. Bill has too much vacation time left, so we want to enjoy a mid week, foliage trip.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.


9 comments:

acorn hollow said...

what are you doing with all of your glass? So sorry you had the flu but hope you are feeling better
Cathy

The Eveningstitcher said...

Glad you're feeling better, Deb. I love the sea glass and your little pillow stitcheries are sweet! Here's to a better week for you!!!

julieQ said...

Flu...I am so sorry! Your glass is all so pretty. And your stitchery always inspires me!

Allie said...

I hope you're feeling better hon, rested and ready to go again. Love love love your stitcheries, especially those kitties!! I need to get back to stitching.

Fiona said...

What a shame you had the flu while your sister was visiting.... and I hope you are feeling heaps better now.... lovely sea glass stash collected and I just love the angel Nick made for you...
Hugz

Sandi said...

Sorry to hear about you getting the flu so early, let's hope your done with it for the season. I'm glad others stepped in to help your be entertained while you were under the weather.

Your pillows are lovely. I haven't done any stitching for awhile. It can be so relaxing to do.

Glad to hear you are on the mend, hope you have a good break in NH.

Karen said...

I did the Thanksgiving piece by Cheri but in applique. I need to dig it out even though it is a while til the holiday. But I will forget if I don't do it while I am thinking about it.

moosecraft said...

Ahhhh....so sweet! Love that little angel...maybe you can glue the pieces together for an ornament?

Raymond Homestead said...

Love your pillows, especially love the saying on the friend pillow!