Friday, July 13, 2018

Friday finishes, finds and food!


I decided this week that I will be posting on Fridays only, unless we do something special on the weekends. Then I will bore you with photos of our adventures and the kids, on Mondays. I have so many projects that are in the works and ones the I want to start, that I want to concentrate my time, working on those and having more time to visit blogs.

This week I decided to paint some more rocks. I haven't done it in a while and it usually takes me a week to finish them. So, I kept these simple and did them free hand, so they may not be perfect or art works, but I think people will enjoy finding them and hopefully put a smile on their face.

If you don't know about my facebook group, it is for people who like to make things and hide them for others to find. It doesn't have to be rocks, it can be any item and the purpose is to make others happy, nothing else. We need to spread a little joy in the world. If you would like to join my facebook group, DSmiles4miles, you can read more on what it is about and join in on the fun.


I was also able to get to the dog beach, for a few days. Bean loves it and Bill gets in some exercise by swimming in the bay. I get to do lots of walking, while I look for glass. I found a few nice pieces and a lot of craft glass. The junk glass I am putting aside to give to a friend who does art pieces and stained glass. I did have a couple of nice, large chunks, but I met a girl who was looking for any glass and I took most of it, lol. I gave her a couple of the nice large ones.


After eating pancakes for a few days, I got hungry for meat and potatoes. I make healthy pancakes with whole wheat, bananas and blueberries, then I top it with apple, pineapple jelly, that I make, no sugar added. Tonight I couldn't decide whether I wanted apple burgers or pepper burgers, so I made both. I think I found a winner. I cut up one red and one green pepper, small onion and a grated apple. I add a little butter to cook it in. Then I mix that into the hamburger with a cup of bread crumbs and an egg. You bake these in the oven, I did mine at 380 degrees, till they brown on one side, then turn and cook. They come out moist and taste delicious. They don't hold together too well, so I am still working on the recipe, but well worth trying it. It tastes good and healthy way to have a hamburger. I had scalloped potatoes with it and for Bill's, I made his with healthy butter and his fake salt.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Bill is rebuilding his sister's porch. I have no problem helping her, but I think it is way too much work for him and my son to do, and Bill is on blood thinners, so working with power tools is not my idea of a smart thing to be doing. So, I will be home, stressing and keeping busy so I don't sit around, thinking of all the things that can go wrong;)



15 comments:

Bits of Stitching! said...

The hand painted rocks are lovely, and how nice of you to share your sea glasswith the girl! Nice burger recipe, really like that it’s baked.
Completely understand stressing about your husband’s wellbeing, keeping busy helps a little. Perhaps some crafty projects will help!

Julie Fukuda said...

I had planned to bake something yummy in the oven ... then I walked into the hot humid kitchen, and decided it was already too hot and didn't need the oven going. In Japan, houses are designed and built by men. Kitchens are almost always small and on the north side of the house ... cold in winter and without any connection to heat or AC. The only "fan" is above the stove. Also along that north wall will be the toilet and washroom and bath ... none with AC or heat. Front doors are also are often at the north east or north west corners. Lately, more men are going into kitchens, so at least the floors are no longer dirt as was my MIL's house.

Sandi said...

Your painted rocks look great Debbie, you are such a dear heart to share your glass with that girl. I bet she tries to beat you to the beach next time! No I think she will appreciate your gesture.

Interesting mix for a hamburger, I usually just cook the meet and top it with fried onions and mushrooms, s bit of a purist.

Have a great weekend, going to be hot here!

JustGail said...

I don't think I've heard of putting shredded apple in a burger before. Do you blot it dry before adding?

Saundra said...

The top rock looks like it may reside in your beach room. The dog stone is my fav.

WoolenSails said...

JustGal, I cook the apple in with the peppers and onions, with a little butter. I simmer it till it softens a bit, then add the bread crumbs and egg, then mix in with a pound of hamburger. Most of the apples now, are from last year, so no as moist as fresh from the orchard, so less juice.

Debbie

Allie-oops Designs said...

I LOVE your painted rocks - how dare you say they're not art, lol!!! You are so creative and artistic my dear. Your burger sounds delicious! Nice glass, and so sweet of you to share. I'm sure Bill will be ok....men don't like to live safe, lol!!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Great rocks.
Bill is a good brother! His sister is lucky to have him helping her.

kelley said...

Hoping all goes well with the porch rebuild...at work I see the folks who are not so careful with their saws and hammers...and they are anxious to get patched up and get right back to work...love the dog stone too! am finally at work on your whale rug...

PaulaB quilts said...

What a sweet idea to hide those little smiley rocks! They are like folk art and really would brighten up my life, especially brcause they can be kept as a reminder of friends.

Fiona said...

your burgers do look good and I love your painted rocks - the dog is my favourite…

Hugz

acorn hollow said...

the burgers look great. So does your pained rocks. Take it from me I have a husband who is a wood worker you can't keep them down. He has cut himself since his heart attack and it took a bit but it wasn't to bad to stop bleeding.
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Your hand made painting on the rocks looks amazing! Yummy food!

Barb said...

Love your hand made rocks, my cousin paints on rocks and then put them around town for people to find. She has a link where you can go and show your rock.

Anna said...

I tend to feed the fear...lol and it looks like you fixed up a good batch! Love the rock with the lighthouse and sailing ship!!! you are so talented :)