Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Pillows From Free Designs!


One of my favorite places to visit is Dearie Dolls. She has been posting her designs for free and this past month has put up a lot of wonderful Christmas designs. They are fun to make and a lot of them are in series so you could make a whole quilt with a set of them. You can also do a search for a particular type, try typing in snowmen, enough to keep you busy all year.

This one was from her series, twelve days of Christmas, he is two turtle doves. There were some extra critters in the design, but I kept it simple. The snowflakes are done with a gold glitter thread, I wanted to try a little sparkle.

I added a hanger since this is for residents, I wanted something they can hang on a door or their bed.


This one was a fun one to stitch, it just says happy and makes you happy as you stitch it. She has silver glitter thread for her snowflakes.

VOTE NOW! The voting has started at This-n-That Fabrics for your favorite Christmas quilt. Be sure to visit and cast your vote for your favorite quilt, lots of wonderful pieces.


10 comments:

primitivebettys said...

Super cute pillows!

marie said...

Your pillows are adorable and will be loved by the recievers. Thanks for sharing the great site. Hope the storm doesn't dump too much snow on you. Merry Christmas.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Those pillows are adorable. You do such nice work!

Barbara said...

Darling. I'm checking out that site now.

Fiona said...

I love your doorhangers and think they are such a great idea.... take care.. I still find it hard to think of you with snow and me melting here....
Hugz

cucki said...

Very sweet pillows x

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed that site. Loved snowman hats and cute snowman dots. So much to see!

moosecraft said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Love them both! They will bring happiness wherever they are displayed!

Karen said...

First of all, I voted. Second, I was not aware of the site you link too. I looked through several pages but it is going to take a while to see all the designs. Some would have to be simplified for embroidery for me to do them but oh so many and some really cute ones.

Firecracker Kid said...

You know I love your stitcheries :) I voted! Merry Christmas my friend.

Hugs~Carol