Sunday, March 13, 2011

Eggs and Ducks!

I must be feeling better, I can't sit still anymore, lol.
So, I made up some eggs this weekend with vintage embroideries.
These were fun to make and I like using color for these types, reminds me of the 50's. I had some old trim and used that to go around the outside edge.



I wanted to make some chicks for my baskets and decided to try my duck design. As you can see, my ducks are a bit sad looking, lol. I used my camel hair wool and think it would be fun to try smaller chicks and maybe brush the wool to get the fluffy look.

14 comments:

Dorothy said...

Your chicks are an old sweety and like your 'ducks' as they are. Brushed wool for chicks would look great. Everything is looking wonderful.

Linda said...

Love your little ducks!! Eggs are very pretty.

acorn hollow said...

Your eggs are so sweet. I need to do something like this but I probably never will. I just can't seem to be as productive as the you.
Cathy

Terry said...

Those are so cute! :0)

primitivebettys said...

Cute! I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. :)

Libby said...

Those embroideries remind me of my grandma *s*

~Madalynne~ said...

I have to disagree . . . the ducks look pretty happy to me. And those eggs are so sweet.

Vicki W said...

Your eggs are very cute!

Anonymous said...

Love love LOVE the ducks!!

Karen said...

Well aren't these all just too precious. I think you've inspired me to bring out the bunnies! Now that I am feeling better it is time to retire the snow people- bring on spring!!

LenZie said...

Them chicks and eggs are really cute. Easter and Christmas are my favorite times to dress up the house with all the cute creations out there. Yup I am a sucker for those to seasons.
Great job Deb.
LenZie

Raymond Homestead said...

Those are sooo cute!

Soggibottom said...

There is something about your chicks and ducks that makes you want to pick them up and cuddle them.. must be their smiley faces :-) x x x Pleased to hear you feel better xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Carrie P. said...

very cute.