Monday, October 16, 2017

Weekend Wanderings!


We had another weekend with rain, on and off, so we were able to get out when it stopped. Last weekend my son came by and snuck off without Nick, if we ask, he gets upset and wants to go with them. This time I called and did FaceTime with Nick and asked  him if he wanted to go out with us and he was eager to go, so hopefully his fear of leaving his parents is over.

We too him to Connecticut since I wanted to get some more apples, but we decided to stop by Mohegan Park to check it out. It was a beautiful place to visit, paved walkways around the pond, treed archways and two playgrounds. Nick had a blast and loved walking and playing at the park.


We also found this rock garden on the trail, it is a Connecticut girl scout group that is participating in Kindness rocks. Nick wanted to take more, but I told him to chose the one he liked the best and he took that one that said boo. Further along we found a larger stone with pink butterflies so I let him take that home to his mom for her garden.


Of course he loved the apple orchards, especially since he got to ride in the tractor cart. We let him have his own bag and pick some apples to take home.


And some time to be silly, a fun way to end the day.


Sunday was another overcast day but I wanted to go on a foliage ride, so we headed north to the top of our state. There were a few trees turning and we enjoyed a nice view from the state park.


Next we headed into Connecticut, and I couldn't resist getting a photo of this house, they really like halloween horror. I cut the photo in two so you can see it better.


There was more on each side, it was that big. A cellar door with a creature trying to get out and on the other side a flying witch and skeleton horse with rider. 


From there we headed into Putnam, I always love to stop at the waterfalls and stroll on the river walk.
I did enhance this photo, there wasn't much color, so I made my own, it will be like that next week, lol.


We saw this little guy, sitting on a rock at the edge of the river.


A family of ducks was resting on the edges of the river.


And this fun sculpture, it is called 4 people, not a very creative name, I think Family makes more sense;)


We walked down and I got a shot of the old mill from the backside. I read that they may make them into condos, would be nice to see it restored.


It was a nice walk, but Bean had to walk on a leash, not his favorite thing, so on the way home, I saw a launch sign, which means a place to stop and play. We took a look and it was a beautiful area and I saw a beach down a path, so we took him there to play. A nice way to end the day. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, today was catch up on cleaning and working on my angel.



5 comments:

Sandi said...

Sounds like you made the best out of some iffy weather.

Glad Nick was able to find that butterfly rock for his mom.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Hopefully Nick is over his fear of leaving his parents since he always has so much fun with you and Bill. He is just too cute!
Lauren

Fiona said...

a lovely post.... very clever way to help Nick overcome his fear - I think he has so much fun with you... lovely pictures...
Hugz

Allie-oops Designs said...

Glad to hear Nick is getting over his fears - he is such a cutie!!! What a great time you captured in photos. Don't like the halloween house - yikes - we have lots of those here too, and I don't like halloween!

R's Rue said...

Love.