Friday, October 20, 2017

Friday Finishes!


I received my issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects and I loved the hooked rug by Mad Hen Primitives. I decided to try it with punch needle so I reduced the design to make a pillow. I was trying to keep it toned down and similar colors, not sure if I really like how it came out, but not too bad.

My arm has been bothering me more this week, so I don't have the control I would like and it tends to make me stiffen up, so my punching gets tighter, as you can see by the various blobs of hoops that got smashed into it;)

I used two pieces of rug yarn and twisted them as I whip stitched it on. I also gave it a light coat of antique stain. It is a 6" pillow and I think it does look better in person than in a photo.


I also have plans to get out this weekend, warm weather and the leaves are turning, so we are heading up towards Massachusetts and hopefully hit the foliage. I wanted to have some rocks to hide as we travel, so I whipped up a quick batch. I do think the ghosts are fun and they are easy to make, maybe I should see if I can find some more of those shapes and make some for next weekend.

I did try a new pen, it is the same brand but it was a brush tip. I found it hard to see where I was going and it doesn't dry like the thin pen, so I couldn't clean around it without smudging it. I do like it though, for rocks it would be nice to color them in but they are not cheap, so I will stick with paint.

If you are interested in making your own rocks or other items to hide, for others to find, you can join my group on Facebook, DSmiles4miles.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, I plan on enjoying the nice weather.


7 comments:

The Civil War Quilter said...

Those rocks are adorable. What a fun thing to do. Please hide one in my yard in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa. :)

Sandi said...

Your angel needlepunch is lovely. I like how your rocks turned out. I hope the weather works out for you this weekend.

We got some unexpected sunny breaks this afternoon but are supposed to let more rain all weekend.

Karen said...

Your angel pillow is beautiful. I know the design has meaning for you.

3millplainrd said...

I also thought about doing this in punch needle. Yours looks great.

Allie-oops Designs said...

That pillow turned out brilliantly - good idea to downsize it for punch! Love your rocks too, so much fun!

Rugs and Pugs said...

I'm sure your rocks brings a smile to the finder.
Beautiful here in northern Ohio.
Happy Sunday :)
Lauren

Carole said...

Lovely needle punch pillow! You do such beautiful work. And NO I'm not seeing any "blobs of hoops that got smashed into it" It's perfect! Thanks for sharing!