Monday, February 27, 2017

Weekend Wanderings!


We had another nice weekend, though a bit windy and a little cooler, but still nice enough to enjoy being outside. On Saturday we went to another town and then stopped at the ocean for some fresh air. It was nice to get out, but it was too cool to stay out long and walk the beach. As you can see, it was sunny on one side and the other side was foggy. As we were leaving, the fog came in fast, so it was a good time to go.


We stopped by a park and took a walk down the point, a little warmer and a short enough walk that I could handle it. Still sore from my fall, so doing a bit at a time. On the way back we passed the Umbrella Factory, a small farm with stores scattered about in the old buildings. We stopped for a quick walk and to enjoy the animals.

I think this goat is pregnant, her belly looked a bit over sized.


This Emu always cracks me up, he has the strangest eyes, but they wouldn't stay still to get a nice clear shot. Then they decided to show us how they mate, lol.


In the parking area, they have an old truck, part of the eclectic and funky landscape they have. Now everything looks bare and sad, but in the spring, all the gardens will be in bloom.


Sunday I didn't have a lot of gumption so I told Bill to decide where we went. He decided I wanted to go to the antique barn, lol. I think he has more fun than I, and he plays with everything. I didn't see anything I wanted this time, but I got some aged cheese cloth that I can use for projects.

On the way I noticed the bird sanctuary that we always pass and thought it would be fun to check it out. It was just what I needed, a good walk and fresh air made me feel much better. It as a nice walk along fields and wooded paths and several streams.


We found an old fireplace, but the red brick looked new, so not sure if it is from an old home or someone built that as a picnic area.


We walked to the end of the pond, a nice view across to the bridge. The bad thing was, a lot of the land is private so you have to take detours and the bridge area is private. It was still a nice walk and good exercise.

I hope you all had a nice weekend. Today I started a new punch needle design, so that should be ready by Friday.


6 comments:

Sandi said...

I enjoyed seeing your video of walking around the area of the fireplace and wondered if you could see any foundation for a house or structure that it might be attached to. Your description of the bricks being new may indeed make it something new.

Loved that of the Emu would love to see some of the other pictures of it,

Looks like you had a great weather weekend,

Kate said...

I enjoyed the photos and reading about your weekend adventure - that blue sky is so inviting!

Karen said...

Come the weekend, your feet aren't nailed to the floor. You get out and about more than anyone I know....regardless of the weather.

Fiona said...

lovely to get out..... looks beautiful...
Hugz

Allie-oops Designs said...

I wish I could walk like you do, you just find the prettiest places!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Great picture of the emu!