Friday, May 27, 2016

Friday Finish: New Pattern


This week I was inspired by the holiday and the upcoming Fourth of July. I wanted to make something patriotic and saw an antique piece that I just had to recreate. Well, I drew out the original idea and then decided I wanted something different from the typical Uncle Sam's and that is how Uncle Dawg came about. It is a fun piece and I hope you like it, as well.

I have started the directions with color chart and still need to redo the design but I am hoping I can get it done this weekend and have the pattern ready in a few days. On this piece I made a braided edge since I wanted a larger pillow to display on the table. I think this would be fun to do in a hooked rug.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, we are working on the yard and Bill is making a space for my new blow up pool. I love to swim and didn't want to buy a pool right now, so trying a blow up and hoping it won't pop, lol.


13 comments:

Unknown said...

A great rug with humor!

Saundra said...

A wonderful pillow and would make a great hooked rug. LOVE it.

Sandi said...

What a fun design Debbie is his first name Uncel Bean Dawg?

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a fun pattern.
Happy Memorial Day to you and Bill.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Sylvia said...

That is an adorable pattern!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!!! Too cute for words!!!!

Jacqueline said...

Love the new design and the colors you used..

Kim said...

That is so dang cute!

The Eveningstitcher said...

That is an adorable design, Deb! You pool won't "pop"...LOL!! They are made to withhold a backyard full of people....I know....my daughter has one!!

acorn hollow said...

So sweet. It was a very hot day today so a pool sounds great.
Cathy

moosecraft said...

Patriotic perfection! Such a cute design and love the braided edge too! Have a wonderful weekend!

Karen said...

The patriotic dog piece is oh so cute. Good idea.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Debbie that is absolutely darling!!!! And I so want to come over and play in your pool, lol....