Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday on the Bay!



I really needed to get out and do things today, no matter how I feel.
It was a beautiful day, not too hot and nice breeze. So, we went to the cove.
It was hotter in the sun than I realized and it did tire me out quick, so instead of paddling in the coves, we went straight to the breakers. The breezes are so much nicer on the open waters and the views were spectacular today. It was so nice to get out and breath in the salt air, was so glad I went.

I do long to go out on the bay, splashing into the waves with my kayak, there is nothing like it. I will just have to a launch in the bay, then I can enjoy a paddle without having to paddle too far.



It was low tide today and lots of shells on the beach. I saw this conch in the water and pulled it out to look at it, then realized it was already occupied, lol. I thank you all for your wonderful comments and good wishes for a quick recovery. I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy the goodness and beauty that God has given us to enjoy.

13 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Glad you got out despite the challenges - what a wonderful playground you have. Oh to have even a day of playing in the water and picking up (hopefully uninhabited) shells....You are blessed...Smiles & Hugs & Wishes for a Wonderful Sunday ~ Robin

Anonymous said...

Just wonderful to see you get out and about...hugs

Joanne Lendaro said...

Just getting out seems to make it better....beautiful pics! Feel better ...

~Madalynne~ said...

"Spectacular" is a good word for that view! Wow! Great photo ~ I can feel the mist :)

Kathy (woolfind) said...

I bet it felt wonderful to be out on the water. So happy you are feeling up for it.
But... omg, omg, omg, I would have turned the boat over if I had picked up that shell and saw that! Ewwwwww lol

Lori said...

You have a terrific attitude. Its nice you truly enjoy the area you live. Kayaking would be fun out there!

Chris Daly said...

Hi Debbie, Glad to hear you are starting to feel better. That Lyme disease is such a tough thing to deal with. Nothing like a day on the water to lift your spirits.

Anna said...

Being land locked I do miss the ocean air and it is a requirement to stand on the beach at least once a year! Growing up on the ocean my favorite times are a 30 knot wind blowing in my face!

Melissa said...

That looks like a lovely way to spend a Saturday, Debbie!

Rock River Stitches said...

Good to see you were able to get out and about! Glad you are feeling a little better. Thanks for always being one of my loyal friends to visit my blog. :)

Tammy

Linda said...

I bet that gave a little surprise. :-)

lettielulu said...

Your pics look wonderful! I'm guessing you're in the NE. We're on the beach in Wilmington NC so I hear where you're coming from! Life is good on the beach...and everywhere.

The Olde Country Cupboard said...

HI,
it looks like you have a great time. The pictures are beautiful.
take care.
sandy