Saturday, August 20, 2011

Don't pick up Hitchhikers!


I had to get my brain centered today, to get myself going, but I finally got in a better frame of mind and was glad I went out.
We paddled for over 3 hours, and since it was high tide, we could paddle in and out of the coves further in. I just took my time and enjoyed being out. I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.

"Didn't your mother tell you, to never pick up Hitchhikers!"



Why I never let Bill take pictures of me;)



We went into the village cove, lots of boats and the restaurant smells were making me hungry. I forgot my snacks at home. It was Bill's night for cooking, so we had fried shrimp, so now I am happy and full.

As for the time it takes to cook my green beans, I have no idea. Maybe because I cook them on low? But, the time in soaking and simmering, gives you the most delicious beans, just tender enough to eat, but not too soft to be mush.

20 comments:

quiltsbycheri said...

sounds like a good day and now your belly's full....

Rugs and Pugs said...

What wonderful places you have to explore!!!
Hugs :)
Laurn

TheCrankyCrow said...

Ok...Deb...for all of this very small community of one who is landlocked and uneducated in sealife....what the HECK is that that hitched a ride with you all??? Yikes!! Robin

Fiona said...

Lovely places to explore - I enjoyed all the pictures ... but I also want to know what that alien looking creature is... some sort of ray?
Hugz

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Love the horseshoe crab! What a beautiful area you have for exploring and paddling.

Allie said...

Great pics, you look great - but what is that thing on your kayak!!! Yikes!

Lori said...

It looks like a great way to spend the afternoon.

Joanne said...

Always nice when someone else does the cooking - Great pic of your hitchhiker!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Looked like a beautiful day to be out on the water. Love your hitch hiker ;).

Lynn Barbadora said...

Looks like a beautiful peaceful day Deb....don't think I'd be picking up any hitchhikers.....either.....I'm always afraid of what swims beneath the ocean blue!
Hugs,
Lynn

~Madalynne~ said...

Looks like a great outing (except for the crab ~ yikes). My granddaughter came across a dead one on the beach and it totally freaked her out!

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Looks like it was a lovely day! That's a big hitchhiker! :-o

Sue Tokash said...

Did you know a horseshoe crab has 10 eyes? And there blood is used medically. Glad you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

My husband wants to kayak more yet doesn't know much about it...worrisome for me at times!! LOL Looks like a fun day out.

Melissa said...

That looks like great fun. One of these days (when I'm retired?) I want to try kayaking!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

You go on some great adventures in that kayak. What a great looking hitch hiker!

Carrie P. said...

Looks like a fun day. I love shrimp.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

That looks like a great time. I would really like to get into kayaking. I need to find the time to do it though. :(

Firecracker Kid said...

It's good to hear you got out and had a great time. I like your hubby's pic of you:-) You look great! OMGosh, you're brave to get in those little kayaks and go. I'd be afraid of tipping all the time, and what's that thing hitchin' a ride? LOL.
Hugs~Carol

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh you are making me so hungry!!!!