Today I decided to finish my hexagon quilt.
I added ties to the middle of each flower and a couple of reddish orange tacks on some blacks.
It needed more than that, and I didn't want to cover it with ties, so I went with machine stitching in the inner and outer border area. To bind it, I cut off the excess backing and batting to 1 1/2" from the outer seam line.
I fold the black over the backing and then fold that in half to give it a smooth look on the back.
I was not trying to be perfect with this quilt, since I made it for fun and to try out hexagons.
It will make a nice lap quilt though.
As you can see Izzy is the first to try it out. She is happy that Moki is no longer using the office, she likes to sit on the chaise, when I am in here. For the backing I used the fabric that is in some hexagons and it has most of the shades in the flowers. I found that at a thrift store.
Here it is laid out. I think it might be a good piece to leave in my room for when I am sitting and working on designs, this winter. I used two layers of batting to make it warm.
Morris Hexathon Label and Paper Patterns
2 days ago